Orders are processed after you click the Complete Purchase, Submit Order or comparable button at the end of the checkout process to send your order to us. Downloadable software will be made available immediately after purchase.
To Cancel an Order
- For pre-orders, you may cancel your order before the item is released. Please see the Pre-orders section below for more information.
- For downloadable software, you must follow our normal return process. For information about how to return an item and to determine which items are eligible for return, see our Returns / Refunds page.
You can pre-order some items that are not yet available for immediate delivery. Pre-orders can be reviewed, updated or cancelled by you at any time before pre-order items are released. Please contact us by calling the customer support number located on our Sales and Support page to review or cancel a pre-order, or to update the following:
- The credit card associated with the pre-order (including changes to the credit card type, credit card number, billing address and expiration date)
- The item quantities
A credit card is required for pre-order, but your card will not be charged until the product is made available for download. Note that we can't charge your card and complete your order if your card expires between the date on which you pre-ordered the item and the date on which the item becomes available. Please ensure that your billing and contact information is current at all times.
If you wish to return an item that was pre-ordered, the return period begins when downloadable products are made available for download.
Software upgrade option for eligible products
Some products qualify for a free upgrade to a future version once it becomes available (for example, if you purchase Microsoft Office 2007, you may be eligible to upgrade to the next version, Office 2010). This allows you to purchase the current product today and upgrade to the future version at no additional cost.
Microsoft Store will identify products that qualify for the Upgrade Option with a note that describes the version you will be entitled to upgrade to and other important details about the offer. Please check your Purchase Confirmation email for instructions on how to obtain the new version of your product.
Shipping options, costs and delivery times
Free express shipping for all orders in December 2014. All orders will be shipped express via TOLL. The estimated delivery timeframe during December is 1-3 business days for metro areas, however may take up to 7 days for outlying areas. Orders placed before 10AM AEDT Monday-Friday will be shipped the same day. Orders placed after 10AM AEDT will ship the following business day.
Last Order Dates for Christmas Delivery 2014:
Orders must be placed prior to 10am AEDT on the 19th of December for delivery prior to Christmas. For metro regions in NSW, QLD and VIC, orders placed on Monday 22 December may also be delivered prior to Christmas, but this is not guaranteed.
All online orders placed at the Australia Microsoft Store ship via TOLL. All shipments are subject to TOLL terms and conditions. All shipping is currently free.
Where we ship:
- We do not ship to addresses marked PO / PO Box / GPO Box / RMD (Roadside Mail Delivery) / RSD (Roadside Delivery).
- TOLL requires a full street address for delivery purposes.
- Microsoft Store does not permit a carrier to redirect a package to a new address after it has been shipped. This helps prevent online fraud.
- The Australia Microsoft Store can only ship to Australian locations at this time. For sales in other countries/regions, please visit the appropriate International Microsoft Store.
How to track your order
When you place an order, you will receive the following e-mails:
- An order confirmation
- If you order a physical/non-downloadable item, you will receive a shipment notification when the item ships (this will include a tracking number and details on how to track your order)
- If an item is delayed or backordered, you will receive a delay notification
- If you return an item, you will receive a return receipt
To track your order online:
- Go to the Account page and sign in.
- Locate your order in the list of orders.
- Click ‘Track Status’ to view the delivery service's tracking page (your tracking number will be automatically entered).