Digital TV tuner
The Xbox One Digital TV Tuner provides Xbox One users with a better over-the-air digital terrestrial TV experience through the USB single tuner, an alternative to accessing TV content from a cable or satellite set-top box connected through the HDMI-In port. Additionally, the new digital TV tuner will also support free-to-air terrestrial television standards*.
- Watch HD TV on Xbox One: With the Xbox One Digital TV Tuner, you can watch free-to-air terrestrial television channels without changing TV inputs. You can receive game invitations and notifications while watching TV and even watch TV while you wait for a multiplayer match to start.
- TV Playback in Snap Mode: You can watch TV using the Snap mode, watching TV on the side and leaving the main screen for games, Skype, or other applications.
- Pause Live TV: Pause your favourite show while you get up to take a break.
- TV Listings in OneGuide: TV listings will be available in OneGuide. Say “Xbox, what’s on Channel 9?” to quickly navigate directly to that channel’s listings**.
- Favourite Channels in OneGuide: Create your own personal favourites in OneGuide so you can easily choose what you want to watch.
- Channel Tuning by Voice: OneGuide allows you to call out your favourite TV channel by name and start watching it instantly**.
- OneGuide on SmartGlass: Now you have access to the full OneGuide on the new SmartGlass app with the ability to tune channels on your TV.
- TV On Demand: TV listings in OneGuide will indicate which shows are available on demand from video apps.