Orders are processed after you click the Complete Purchase button in the checkout process:
- Downloadable software will be made available immediately after purchase.
- Physical/non-downloadable items will be shipped Monday through Friday during business hours.
- Pre-orders will be shipped following release.
To cancel an order
For physical/non-downloadable items, you may be able to cancel an order after you have clicked Complete Purchase if your order has not shipped. Please call us at 1-877-MY-MS-STORE (1-877-696-7786) to determine the status of your order.
For pre-orders, you may cancel your order before the item is released. Please see the Pre-order section below for more information.
For downloadable software or items that have already shipped, you must follow our normal return process. For information about how to return an item and to determine which items are eligible for return, see Returns + Refunds.
You can pre-order some items that are not yet available for immediate delivery. Pre-Orders can be reviewed, updated, or cancelled at any time before pre-order items are released. Please Contact Us to review or cancel a pre-order, or to update the following:
- The credit card associated with the pre-order (including changes to the credit card type, credit card number, billing address, and expiration date)
- The item quantities
- The shipping method for physical products
Prices for pre-order items are covered by the Pre-order Price Guarantee , which describes what happens if prices change after you purchase a pre-order item. We will occasionally make a pre-order option available for a high demand item before the official price is known. We may provide an "estimated price" in this situation, but we do not guarantee that the estimated price will match the official price when announced. In such instances, you will be charged the official price rather than the estimated price for the item.
A credit card is required for pre-order, but your card will not be charged until your order is shipped or the product is made available for download. Note that we can't charge your card and complete your order if your card expires between the date you pre-ordered the item and the date the item becomes available. Please ensure that your billing and contact information is current at all times.
If you wish to return an item that was pre-ordered, the 30-day return period begins:
- When downloadable products are delivered electronically to your account
- When physical products are shipped
Software upgrade option for eligible products
Some products qualify for a free upgrade to a future version once it becomes available (for example, if you purchase Microsoft Office 2007, you may be eligible to upgrade to the next version, Office 2010). This allows you to purchase the current product today, and upgrade to the future version at no additional cost.
Microsoft Store will identify products that qualify for the Upgrade Option with a note that describes the version you will be entitled to upgrade to and other important details about the offer. Please check your Purchase Confirmation e-mail for instructions on how to obtain the new version of your product.
Please see the Upgrade Option and Returns section for important restrictions about returns and Upgrade Options.
How to track your order
When you place an order, you will receive the following e-mails:
- An order confirmation
- If you order a physical/non-downloadable item, you will receive a shipment notification when the item ships
- If an item is delayed or backordered, you will receive a delay notification
- If you return an item, you will receive a return receipt
To track your order online:
- Go to the Account page and sign in.
- Locate your order in the list of orders.
- You can click View Original Receipt to review or print your order confirmation.
- You can click Track Package to view the delivery service's tracking page with your tracking number entered for you.
Shipping options, costs, and delivery times
All online orders placed at Microsoft Store ship via UPS, FedEx or other local carriers. All shipments are subject to their terms and conditions.
Where we ship:
- Microsoft Store Canada can only ship to Canadian locations at this time. For sales in other countries, please visit one of the international Microsoft Stores.
- We do not ship to P.O. Boxes, or military addresses.
- Shipping carriers require a full street address for delivery purposes. Rural route numbers are also okay, but may result in a longer delivery time.
- Microsoft Store does not permit a carrier to redirect a package to a new address after it has been shipped. This helps fight online fraud.
How to calculate delivery time based upon the shipping method:
- Delivery time is based upon business days, which we consider to be Monday through Friday, excluding holidays.
- UPS and FedEx do not deliver on the weekend or holidays.
- Orders placed on the weekend, on a holiday, or after 11 AM Eastern Time on Friday, will be processed on the next business day.
Available shipping methods:
Shipping costs depend on the shipping method. You can select the shipping method and review your shipping costs before you complete your purchase.
3-7 Business Days
1-3 Business Days
Free shipping offers
When we offer free shipping, we'll automatically apply it when you check out, and that will be reflected in your shopping cart. Free shipping is only available for purchases made during the free shipping offer dates and isn't transferrable or redeemable for cash. Our free shipping offer is only good for qualifying products shipped in Canada and does not apply to military addresses or P.O. Boxes, because we can't ship there.