Using Microsoft Store
Microsoft Store allows you to purchase the entire range of Microsoft products from a name you can trust.
In addition to providing a place to buy Microsoft products, Microsoft Store allows you to view your order history and billing information for future purchases, save product keys for downloaded software, and re-download software that you have purchased.
For the best experience:
- Use a browser compatible with Internet Explorer 6 or higher
You can browse and add items to you shopping cart without signing in. At the time you make a purchase, you'll be asked to sign-in with your existing Microsoft account or sign-up for a new Live ID. You'll then use your Live ID to sign in when you return to the Store to shop or check your account information.
The information you choose to keep in your Account on Microsoft Store can be used for making future orders. For more details about how Microsoft helps protect your privacy, please see the Microsoft Online Privacy Statement.
Note: If you lose your password, use the FORGOT YOUR PASSWORD? link below the PASSWORD field to reset it.
Multiple Microsoft accounts
You can have multiple Microsoft Store accounts if you sign in with different Microsoft account credentials, but information is not shared across accounts. For example if you sign in with one e-mail address, that information is not available to you if sign out and sign in with a different e-mail address.
Selecting 32- vs 64-bit
To determine which type of software to purchase:
- Right-click on COMPUTER in Windows Vista and Windows 7 or MY COMPUTER in Windows XP and click PROPERTIES
- Look for the SYSTEM TYPE which will tell you whether your computer is using a 32-bit or 64-bit operating system (you may see the label "x86" on 32-bit computers or "x64" on 64-bit ones)
For more information see the How to determine whether your computer is running a 32-bit version or a 64-bit version page on the Microsoft Support site.
Using the shopping cart
To purchase items using the Shopping Cart:
- Find an item you want to purchase.
- Click the ADD TO CART button.
- You can continue adding items to your Shopping Cart if you want to.
- When you are finished adding items to your Shopping Cart, click the Checkout button.
- Follow the instructions on the checkout pages.
To modify your order in the Shopping Cart or during the checkout process:
- To remove an item, click the REMOVE link below the item
- To purchase multiple quantities of the same item, select the number in the Quantity drop-down box
Find a great deal worth sharing? Share Microsoft Store products with your friends & family through e-mail, Twitter, and Facebook.
- Select a product you want to share.
- Select the appropriate icon on the right side of the product page.
- You can email a link, or post the link on your Facebook or Twitter page.