Microsoft® Student Store
Terms and Conditions
Dated January 2013
Eligible Students may take advantage of Program offers and purchase products from the Microsoft Student Store website at http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/mseea1/en_MT/home (the “Offer Site”) or any successor URL.
PROGRAM AND OFFER DURATION
The Program shall continue until terminated by Microsoft. Microsoft reserves the right to terminate, cancel or otherwise change the Program and these Terms at any time and for any reason. Microsoft also reserves the right to terminate, cancel or otherwise change any specific offer made through or in connection with the Program at any time and for any reason.
PROGRAM ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS
This Program is available only to individuals who meet the criteria described below (the “Eligible Students”):
- Individual must be a full or part time enrolled university or college student or faculty or staff at an eligible accredited educational institution and must be able to provide proof of enrolment to Microsoft or its appointed vendor upon request. Alumni of these institutions are ineligible;
- Individual must successfully verify their eligibility status through the Offer Site’s online academic verification process; and
- Individual must have a Microsoft account or create one at the time of purchase.
If you participate in the Program, Microsoft reserves the right to contact you directly or through an appointed Microsoft vendor to verify that you are an Eligible Student. If you choose not to provide sufficient documentation to Microsoft or its appointed vendor that verifies that you are an Eligible Student, you agree to reimburse Microsoft for the difference between what you paid in connection with a discounted Program offer and the estimated full retail price of the same product(s). Microsoft will have sole discretion to determine the sufficiency of any documentation that you provide to verify you are an Eligible Student. By providing eligibility-related information to Microsoft’s appointed vendor, you agree that the vendor may share such information with Microsoft for Program-related purposes.
Microsoft, in its sole discretion, may accept other forms of validation to determine eligibility in lieu of the online academic verification process. Microsoft, in its sole discretion, may determine the criteria for eligibility under the Program and may change the eligibility criteria or deny eligibility at any time and for any reason.
- Office 365 University Software: Each Eligible Student can purchase a maximum of two Office 365 University products. Eligible Students can only activate a second Office 365 University product three years after the initial activation.
- Windows 8 Professional Student Software: Each Eligible Student can purchase a maximum of five (5) licences per 12-month period.
- Other Offered Software: Unless otherwise indicated in the specific offer terms, Eligible Students may purchase a maximum of three software licences per 12 month period under the Program, and no more than one licence per software title. In no event may a single household purchase more than a maximum of three software licences during a 12 month period.
Discounted Hardware and Other Items:
Program offers that involve hardware or other non-software products may also have limits on the number of items that may be purchased per student, per household, per offer or per period as described in the specific offer terms.
Only electronic software download (“ESD”) versions of software products are offered through the Program. For certain titles, a backup disk may also be ordered from the Offer Site for an additional fee.