We will begin processing your order after you click the Complete Purchase button in the checkout process:
- Downloadable software will be made available immediately after purchase.
- Physical/non-downloadable items will be shipped Monday through Friday during business hours.
- Pre-orders will be shipped following release.
To cancel an order
For physical/non-downloadable items, you may be able to cancel an order after you have clicked Complete Purchase if your order has not shipped.
Please Contact Us to determine the status of your order.
For pre-orders, you may cancel your order at any time before the item is released. Please see the Pre-orders section below for more information.
For downloadable software or items that have already shipped, you must follow our return process. Please see Returns for more information.
We may offer you the opportunity to pre-order items before they are available for purchase. Pre-orders can be reviewed, updated, or cancelled at any time before pre-order items are released. Please Contact Us to review or cancel a pre-order, or to update the following:
- The payment instrument/credit card associated with the pre-order (including changes to the credit card type, credit card number, billing address, and expiration date)
- Quantities you would like to Pre-order
- Your preferred shipping method for physical products
A credit card is required for pre-order, but your card will not be charged until your order is shipped or the product is made available for download. Your bank, however, may place a hold on your credit or debit card, or charge you a reversible card checking fee as a result of your pre-order. This is a bank charge rather than a Microsoft charge. If your credit card expires between the time of pre-order and the date the item becomes available, we won’t be able to charge your card and complete your order. Please ensure that your billing and contact information is current at all times – see above for how you can change your pre-order to account for these changes.
All pre-ordered products are subject to our return process once they are delivered. Please see Returns for more information. If you wish to return an item that was pre-ordered, the return period begins:
- When downloadable products are delivered electronically to your account.
- When physical products are shipped.
Software upgrade option for eligible products
Some products qualify for a free upgrade to a future version once it becomes available. This allows you to purchase the current product today and upgrade to the future version at no additional cost.
Microsoft Store will identify products that qualify for the upgrade option with a note that describes the upgrade version you may be entitled to and other important details about the offer. Please check your Purchase Confirmation e-mail for instructions on how to obtain the upgraded product.
How to track your order
When you place an order, you will receive the following e-mails:
- An order confirmation.
- If you order a physical/non-downloadable item, you will receive a shipment notification when the item ships.
- If an item is delayed or backordered, you will receive a delay notification.
- If you return an item, you will receive a return receipt.
To track your order online:
- Go to the Account page and sign in.
- Locate your order in the list of orders.
- Click View Original Receipt to review or print your order confirmation.
- Click Track Package to view the delivery service's tracking page with your tracking number entered for you.
Shipping options, costs, and delivery times
All orders placed at the Microsoft Store ship via the Microsoft preferred carrier. All shipments are subject to the carrier’s terms and conditions.
Where we ship:
- Microsoft Store can only ship to New Zealand locations. For sales in other countries/regions, please visit one of the international Microsoft Stores.
- We do not ship to P.O. Boxes.
- Shipping carriers require a full street address for delivery purposes.
- Microsoft Store does not permit a carrier to redirect a package to a new address after it has been shipped. This helps fight online fraud.
- Other shipping conditions may apply for certain products depending on your location.
Within 7 business days, excluding weekends and holidays
How to calculate delivery time based upon the shipping method:
- Delivery time is based upon business days, which we consider to be Monday through Friday, excluding holidays.
- The Microsoft preferred carrier does not deliver on the weekend or holidays.
- Orders placed on the weekend, on a holiday, or after 10:00 AM local time on Friday, will be processed on the next business day.
Free shipping offers
When we offer free shipping, we'll automatically apply it when you check out, and it will be reflected in your shopping cart. Unless otherwise indicated in an offer, free shipping applies only to standard shipping-you'll still have to pay if you choose to ship Express or Priority, if available in your location.