Orders are processed after you click the Complete Purchase, Submit Order or comparable button at the end of the checkout process to send your order to us. Downloadable software will be made available immediately after purchase.
To cancel an order
- For pre-orders, you may cancel your order before the item is released. Please see the Pre-order section below for more information.
- For downloadable software, you must follow our normal return process. For information about how to return an item and to determine which items are eligible for return, see our Returns / Refunds page.
You can pre-order some items that are not yet available for immediate delivery. Pre-orders can be reviewed, updated or cancelled by you at any time before pre-order items are released. Please contact us by calling the customer support number located on our Sales and Support page to review or cancel a pre-order, or to update the following:
- The credit card associated with the pre-order (including changes to the credit card type, credit card number, billing address and expiration date)
- The item quantities
A credit card is required for pre-order, but your card will not be charged until the product is made available for download. Note that we can't charge your card and complete your order if your card expires between the date on which you pre-ordered the item and the date on which the item becomes available. Please ensure that your billing and contact information is current at all times.
If you wish to return an item that was pre-ordered, the return period begins when downloadable products are made available for download.
Software upgrade options for eligible products
Some products qualify for a free upgrade to a future version once it becomes available (for example, if you purchase Microsoft Office 2007, you may be eligible to upgrade to the next version, Office 2010). This allows you to purchase the current product today and upgrade to the future version at no additional cost.
Microsoft Store will identify products that qualify for the Upgrade Option with a note that describes the version you will be entitled to upgrade to and other important details about the offer. Please check your Purchase Confirmation email for instructions on how to obtain the new version of your product.
How to track your orders
When you place an order, you will receive the following e-mails:
- An order confirmation.
- If you order a physical/non-downloadable item, you will receive a shipment notification when the item ships.
- If an item is delayed or backordered, you will receive a delay notification.
- If you return an item, you will receive a return receipt.
To track your order online:
- Go to the Account page and sign in.
- Locate your order in the list of orders.
- Click View Original Receipt to review or print your order confirmation.
- Click Track Package to view the delivery service's tracking page with your tracking number entered for you.
Shipping options, costs, and delivery times
All orders placed at the Microsoft Store ship via the Microsoft preferred carrier. All shipments are subject to the carrier’s terms and conditions.
Where we ship:
- Microsoft Store can only ship to Singapore locations. For sales in other countries/regions, please visit one of the international Microsoft Stores.
- We do not ship to P.O. Boxes.
- Shipping carriers require a full street address for delivery purposes.
- Microsoft Store does not permit a carrier to redirect a package to a new address after it has been shipped. This helps fight online fraud.
- Other shipping conditions may apply for certain products depending on your location.
- Method: Standard
- Cost: Free
- Delivery time: Within 7 business days, excluding weekends and holidays
How to calculate delivery time based upon the shipping method:
- Delivery time is based upon business days, which we consider to be Monday through Friday, excluding holidays.
- The Microsoft preferred carrier does not deliver on the weekend or holidays.
- Orders placed on the weekend, on a holiday, or after 10:00 AM local time on Friday, will be processed on the next business day.
Free shipping offers
When we offer free shipping, we'll automatically apply it when you check out, and it will be reflected in your shopping cart. Unless otherwise indicated in an offer, free shipping applies only to standard shipping-you'll still have to pay if you choose to ship Express or Priority, if available in your location.