Office Home and Business 2013
Office Home and Business 2013
Manage life and work more efficiently with access to your documents online.
- Office on 1 PC for business use
- Store your documents online with SkyDrive
- Access, edit, and share your documents on any Internet-connected Windows 7 or 8 device using free Office Web Apps1
- In the new Read Mode, text reflows automatically in columns for easier on-screen reading
- Fewer menus means more focus on your content—see only the tools you need, when you need them
- Open a PDF in Word, and edit content just as if you created it in Word
- Show your style by using Word templates in more than 40 categories
- Each workbook has in its own window, making it easier to work on two workbooks--or two monitors-- at once
- New functions in the math and trig, statistical, engineering, date and time, lookup and reference, logical, and text function categories
- The new Recommended Charts button lets you pick from a variety of charts that are right for your data
- Presenter View allows you to see your notes on your monitor while the audience only sees the slide
- Smart Guides automatically appear when your objects are close to even, and tell you when objects are spaced evenly
- Support for more multimedia formats, such as .mp4 and .mov, more high-definition content, and more built-in codecs
- Smoothly draw, erase, and edit with your finger, stylus, or mouse on any touch-capable device
- OneNote automatically converts your handwriting to text, so no worries about your handwriting
- The new Send to OneNote tool makes it easier to include documents or Web pages in your notebooks
- The People Card collects key details about a contact all in one place
- Add your local weather forecast right there in Calendar view, along with current conditions
- Receive push-based email, appointments, and contacts from Outlook.com, (formerly Hotmail) - right in your Outlook experience
Step up to the newest Office tools for growing your business and
staying productive on the go
Create and communicate faster with time-saving features and a clean, modern look across all your programs. Plus, save your documents in the cloud on SkyDrive to access virtually anywhere.
Manage life and work
- Access, edit, and share group documents on any internet-connected device by using free Office Web Apps1
- See just appointment, email, or contact detail at a glance in Outlook, without changing screens
- Count on the full array of email, scheduling, and task-list tools in Outlook
- Your documents are automatically saved to SkyDrive for easy access and sharing online
Turn ideas into beautiful documents
- Create more compelling presentations with new wide-screen themes in PowerPoint
- Capture, organize, and share all kinds of information all in one place with OneNote
- Easily incorporate content from PDFs into your Word documents
- Use Recommended Charts to visualize your Excel data and draw conclusions in less time
1 gigahertz (Ghz) or faster x86- or x64-bit processor with SSE2 instruction set
Required Operating System
Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2008 R2, or Windows Server 2012
1 GB RAM (32 bit); 2 GB RAM (64 bit)
Required Hard Disk Space
3.0 GB available
Graphics hardware acceleration requires a DirectX10 graphics card and 1024 x 576 resolution
3.5, 4.0, or 4.5
Microsoft Internet Explorer 8, 9, or 10; Mozilla Firefox 10.x or a later version; Apple Safari 5; or Google Chrome 17.x.
A touch-enabled device is required to use any multi-touch functionality. However, all features and functionality are always available by using a keyboard, mouse, or other standard or accessible input device. Note that new touch features are optimized for use with Windows 8.
Some functionality may vary, based on the system configuration. Some features may require additional or advanced hardware or server connectivity.
Note: System requirements are rounded up to the nearest 0.5 GB, to be conservative. For example, if we measure an application’s required hard disk space to be 1.99 GB, we recommend 2.5 GB of disk space. Our hard disk system requirements are intentionally larger than the actual disk space usage of the software.
A graphics processor helps increase the performance of certain features, such as drawing tables in Excel 2013 or transitions, animations, and video integration in PowerPoint 2013. Use of a graphics processor with Office 2013 requires a Microsoft DirectX 10-compliant graphics processor that has 64 MB of video memory. These processors were widely available in 2007. Most computers that are available today include a graphics processor that meets or exceeds this standard. However, if you or your users do not have a graphics processor, you can still run Office 2013.