A time of untold chaos has come. Mighty forces clash behind the scenes in a struggle for power and influence. Northern Kingdoms mobilize their armies and prepare for war. But armies on the march are not enough to stop a bloody conspiracy. Someone is hunting crowned heads. Every assassination attempt intensifies the chaos, and might truly does make right these days. Cruelty and violence have become daily fare. Do you dare stand alone among the mighty forces that are fighting for power over the Northern Kingdoms?
In The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings, you'll continue the saga of Geralt who has become one of the central figures of political turmoil in the Kingdom of Temeria. Geralt continues to protect the King in the monarch's mission to bring peace to his state. The only remaining task is to pacify the rebellious castle of Baroness La Valette, who announced separation from the Kingdom. It's been a month since the attempted assassination of the king, when his army arrives at the gates of Baroness La Valette's fortress in preparation for the final battle. In the meantime, Geralt, stuck with Foltest, cannot begin his personal quest-to discover the origin and identity of the mysterious witcher-like assassin.
- Intense, emotionally charged, nonlinear story offers over 40 hours of gameplay, 4 different beginnings, and 16 different endings
- Watch as the choices you make impact relations with other characters and entire communities, and also influence the political situation in the Northern Kingdoms
- Spectacular, dynamic, brutal combat system features numerous tactical options, including an advanced monster fighting technique
- New combat elements include ranged weapons (daggers and bombs), traps and bait, the magic Heliotrope Sign, as well as the ability to sneak up on and launch non-lethal attacks on your foes
- Undertake a complex, expansive adventure in which every decision you make may have grave consequences
- Explore numerous, highly varied locations, including the mighty La Valette Castle, the bustling dwarven mining town of Vergen, multiple border garrisons and fortresses, ancient forests, and the vibrant trading post and river port of Flotsam
- Combine real-time interactive moves like parry, dodge, and riposte with combat based on RPG character traits to succeed in battle
- Dynamic environments change according to the time and weather, affecting the world you encounter