The evolution of 3D fighting games kicks into high gear with Dead or Alive 5.
- Fight based on a triangle system: strikes beat throws, throws beat holds, and holds beat strikes
- Land an attack of one type that beats another type, like landing a strike when an opponent tries to throw, and your that attack becomes a Hi Counter attack and does even more damage
- Use the new Power Blow move to knock your opponent into the series' signature Danger Zones to cause major damage and mayhem
- Right when your opponent throws a strike, do a hold to deflect it and attack them back for a lot of damage in one move
- Battle it out as the walls crumble around you, generators explode, and entire buildings collapse beneath your feet
- Knock your opponent into a Danger Zone for certain damage, or send them off a cliff to try for even more damage-and risk doing none