Orders are processed after you click the Complete Purchase, Submit Order or comparable button at the end of the checkout process to send your order to us. Downloadable software will be made available immediately after purchase.
To cancel an order
- For pre-orders, you may cancel your order before the item is released. Please see the Pre-order section below for more information.
- For downloadable software, you must follow our normal return process. For information about how to return an item and to determine which items are eligible for return, see our Returns / Refunds page.
You can pre-order some items that are not yet available for immediate delivery. Pre-orders can be reviewed, updated or cancelled by you at any time before pre-order items are released. Please contact us by calling the customer support number located on our Sales and Support page to review or cancel a pre-order, or to update the following:
- The credit card associated with the pre-order (including changes to the credit card type, credit card number, billing address and expiration date)
- The item quantities
A credit card is required to pre-order, but your card will not be charged until the product is made available for download. Note that we can't charge your card and complete your order if your card expires between the date on which you pre-ordered the item and the date on which the item becomes available. Please ensure that your billing and contact information is up-to-date at all times.
If you wish to return an item that was pre-ordered, the return period begins when downloadable products are made available for download.
Software upgrade options for eligible products
Some products qualify for a free upgrade to a future version once it becomes available (for example, if you purchase Microsoft Office 2007, you may be eligible to upgrade to the next version, Office 2010). This allows you to purchase the current product today and upgrade to the future version at no additional cost.
Microsoft Store will identify products that qualify for the Upgrade Option with a note that describes the version you will be entitled to upgrade to and other important details about the offer. Please check your Purchase Confirmation email for instructions on how to obtain the new version of your product.
Shipping options, costs, and delivery times
All online orders placed at Microsoft Store ship via the Microsoft preferred carrier. All shipments are subject to their terms and conditions.
Where we ship:
- Microsoft Store can only ship to selected European locations at this time. For sales in other countries/regions, please visit one of the international Microsoft Stores.
- We do not ship to P.O. Boxes.
- Shipping carriers require a full street address for delivery purposes.
- Microsoft Store does not permit a carrier to redirect a package to a new address after it has been shipped. This helps fight online fraud.
How to calculate delivery time based upon the shipping method:
- Delivery time is based upon business days, which we consider to be Monday through Friday, excluding holidays.
- The Microsoft preferred carrier does not deliver on the weekend or holidays.
- Orders placed on the weekend, on a holiday, or after 09:30 AM GMT on Friday, will be processed on the next business day.
- Standard – Free (within 7 - 10 business days, excluding weekends and holidays)
Free shipping offers:
When we offer free shipping, we'll automatically apply it when you check out, and that will be reflected in your shopping cart. Unless otherwise indicated in the offer, free shipping applies only to standard shipping-you'll still have to pay if you choose to ship Express or Priority. Free shipping is only available for purchases made during the free shipping offer dates and isn't transferrable or redeemable for cash. Our free shipping offer is only good for qualifying products shipped to selected European locations. Free shipping does not apply to P.O. Boxes, because we can't ship there.