Help your business achieve new levels of reliability and performance with Microsoft Exchange Server 2010, the cornerstone of the Microsoft Unified Communications solution. It delivers features that simplify your administration, help protect your communications, and delight your users by meeting their demands for greater mobility with anywhere access to communications. Built from the ground up for Software + Services, Exchange 2010 delivers unparalleled experiences, whether you choose to deploy on-premises, hosted, or a mix of the two.
- Enables client access for up to five devices
- Provide access to Exchange e-mail from any device, anywhere
- Deliver increased mobility and flexible access to users
- Reduce inbox overload and increase productivity
- Safeguard sensitive information and reduce the risk of malware and spam
- Deploy self-service capabilities that allow users to perform common tasks with confidence
- Create an enhanced universal inbox experience, providing users with single-location access
- Achieve new levels of reliability and ease in delivering continuity to users
- Intercept, moderate, encrypt, and block e-mail with increased effectiveness
- Help protect user communications through built-in defences against viruses and junk e-mail
REQUIRED MEDIA DRIVE | DVD-ROM drive, local or network-accessible
REQUIRED MEMORY | Minimum of 4 GB of RAM per server plus 5 MB of RAM recommended for each mailbox
REQUIRED OPERATING SYSTEM | 64-bit editions of Windows Server 2008 Standard and Enterprise Edition with Service Pack 2 or Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard and Enterprise Edition
REQUIRED PROCESSOR | x64 architecture-based computer with Intel processor that supports Intel 64 architecture (formerly known as Intel EM64T) or AMD processor that supports the AMD64 platform; Intel Itanium IA64 processors not supported
OTHER SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
File format: Disk partitions formatted as NTFS file systems
If the above prerequisites are not already installed, the Exchange Server 2010 setup process will prompt and provide links to the installation locations; Internet access is required if the prerequisites are not already installed or available on a local network.
Actual requirements will vary based on system configuration and specific features installed. For more detailed system requirements, please visit the Exchange Server 2010 Technical Documentation Library.