Microsoft System Center Essentials 2010 (Essentials 2010) is a new management solution in the System Center family of IT systems management products specifically designed for midsized businesses with up to 50 servers and 500 clients. Essentials 2010 provides a unified management solution that enables IT professionals in midsize organisations to manage their IT environment with increased efficiency.
Data Protection Manager (DPM) 2010 is part of the System Center family of management products from Microsoft. It delivers unified data protection for Windows servers such as SQL Server, Exchange, SharePoint, Virtualisation and file servers, as well as Windows desktops and laptops.
The suite includes the System Center Essentials 2010* and System Center Data Protection Manager 2010 Client Management Licences (MLs) for management of the client OSEs running on the device to which the licence is assigned up to the product technical limit of 500 client OSEs. You only need to purchase one Client ML for each physical client device.
- Keep your system up-to-date with tools that accelerate problem resolution and enableautomation of system updates and data
- Easy to deploy and maintain, helping you simplify complex management tasks for increasedefficiency
- Review assets for optimum configuration and compliance as well as performsearches, filter, and run reports on your inventory
- Easily run, review, save, print, or email information about the statusof your IT environment
- Automates the collection of software and hardware inventory so you can review assetsto help achieve optimum configuration and compliance
- Receive notification as soon as a problem occurs, then get help to diagnose andfix it, improving your users' uptime
- Assess, configure, and distribute updates using the same central consolefrom which you monitor your IT environment
System Center Essentials 2010 System Requirements
Before You Buy
A System Center Essentials 2010 Server ML must be acquired for each physical serverdevice on which your managed OSEs will run. You may manage any number of OSEs oneach licensed server device up to the System Center Essentials software technicallimit of 50 server OSEs for each System Center Essentials deployment.
Learn more about volume licensing and pricing information.