Word 2013 (Non-Commercial)
Word 2013 (Non-Commercial)
Create vivid documents, work with others, and enjoy the read on screen.
With Word 2013 you can create more beautiful and engaging documents, and you can work with more media types—like online videos and pictures. You can even open PDFs. Do more with your docs: Pop in an online video, open a PDF and edit the content, align pictures and diagrams with minimal fuss. The new Read Mode is clean and distraction-free—and it works great on tablets. Teaming-up is better too, with direct connections to your online spaces and streamlined review features like Simple Markup and comments.
- Reopen a document and keep reading right where you left off. Word remembers where you were—even when you reopen an online document from a different computer
- Watch online videos right in Word, without having to leave the document, so you can stay focused on the content.
- In the new read mode, text reflows automatically in columns for easier on-screen reading. Fewer menus mean higher focus on your content, accompanied only by tools that add value to your reading.
- Show your style and professionalism with templates, plus save time. Browse Word templates in more than 40 categories.
- Place and reply comments right next to the text you’re discussing, so everyone can readily see who replied to whom, and when
- Open a PDF in Word, and enjoy editing content, such as paragraphs, lists and tables, as if you created it in Word
- Handy alignment guides pop into place when you need them and disappear when you’re done
- Live Layout lets you experiment. When you drag a photo, video, or shape to a position, text reflows instantly—right before your eyes. Release the mouse button, and your object and surrounding text stay right where you want them.
1 gigahertz (Ghz) or faster x86- or x64-bit processor with SSE2 instruction set
Required Operating System
Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2008 R2, or Windows Server 2012
1 GB RAM (32 bit); 2 GB RAM (64 bit)
Required Hard Disk Space
3.0 GB available
Graphics hardware acceleration requires a DirectX10 graphics card and 1024 x 576 resolution
3.5, 4.0, or 4.5
Microsoft Internet Explorer 8, 9, or 10; Mozilla Firefox 10.x or a later version; Apple Safari 5; or Google Chrome 17.x.
A touch-enabled device is required to use any multi-touch functionality. However, all features and functionality are always available by using a keyboard, mouse, or other standard or accessible input device. Note that new touch features are optimised for use with Windows 8.
It might also require more memory than listed above.
Some functionality may vary, based on the system configuration. Some features may require additional or advanced hardware or server connectivity.
Note: System requirements are rounded up to the nearest 0.5 GB, to be conservative. For example, if we measure an application’s required hard disk space to be 1.99 GB, we recommend 2.5 GB of disk space. Our hard disk system requirements are intentionally larger than the actual disk space usage of the software.
A graphics processor helps increase the performance of certain features, such as drawing tables in Excel 2013 or transitions, animations, and video integration in PowerPoint 2013. Use of a graphics processor with Office 2013 requires a Microsoft DirectX 10-compliant graphics processor that has 64 MB of video memory. These processors were widely available in 2007. Most computers that are available today include a graphics processor that meets or exceeds this standard. However, if you or your users do not have a graphics processor, you can still run Office 2013.