Top 10 new features of Office 2010
1. Enhance your productivity with Backstage View
Backstage View is the go-to spot to quickly save, print and share documents. 75% of Office 2010 beta users think Backstage View makes Office 2010 a better overall experience.
2. Add visual impact to your documents with new Picture editing tools
Easy-to-use Picture-editing tools within Office let you crop, control brightness and contrast, sharpen or soften, and add artistic effects. For example, in Word and PowerPoint apply artistic effects to a photo – such as paint strokes or watercolour sponge – without any additional software. In Word, PowerPoint and Publisher.
3. Edit Videos in PowerPoint
Deliver dynamic presentations that captivate an audience with new video-editing tools in PowerPoint. Embed videos, trim video, add video effects and more without using additional software. For example, break longer clips into shorter segments to reduce file size and add effects like colour adjustment and fade transitions.
4. Broadcast presentations right over the Web in PowerPoint
Create a link and share a live slide show online to remote users, even if they don't have PowerPoint. With PowerPoint Broadcast Slide Show, it's easy for you to present whether your audience is across the table or across the world.
5. New Sparklines and Improved Conditional Formatting in Excel
New Sparklines let you create mini-charts in a single cell to quickly highlight trends in their data. Improved Conditional Formatting with more styles, icons and data bar options help customers to quickly highlight a few items in their data for easier data analysis.
6. Stay connected to social and business networks with Outlook
Access everything from email threads to status updates from those in your networks in one single, centralised view without leaving Outlook. See status updates from popular third-party social networks, such as Facebook and LinkedIn, recently posted files and even view shared photos.
7. Create Quick Steps for things you do every day
Create and save custom multi-step email tasks with easy-to-use, one-click buttons. For example, with one click, customers can create a new email to a specific group of people such as committee members, sports team or work group.
8. Clean up your email with Conversation View
Track and manage email conversations easily by condensing and even ignoring email exchanges with a single click. For example, customers can remove all the redundant emails in this thread and, with one more click, choose to ignore it so they never see these emails again. Future replies to this email will go directly to my Deleted Items folder.
9. Organise your notes and information in one place with OneNote
You can collect and organise text, images, video and audio in one easy-to-find place. Dock to Desktop view lets you easily take notes that automatically link to their sources while working in Word, PowerPoint or Internet Explorer.
10. Extend your Office 2010 experience to the Web in four easy steps:
1. Create documents in Office 2010
2. Easily post from within Office 2010 directly to SkyDrive*
3. Access and share documents online
4. Edit with Office Web Apps on SkyDrive (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and OneNote)
* Requires SharePoint Server or a Microsoft account. There are differences between the features of the Office Web Apps and the Office 2010 applications.