Orders are processed after you click the “Buy Now” button in the checkout process:
- Downloadable items will be made available immediately after purchase.
- Physical/non-downloadable items will be shipped Monday through Friday during business hours and delivered according to the Shipping options, costs, and delivery times section below.
- Pre-orders will be shipped or made available for download following release and delivered according to the foregoing.
To cancel an order
For physical/non-downloadable items, you may be able to cancel an order after you have clicked “Buy Now” if your order has not shipped. Please see How to track your order section below to determine the status of your order.
For pre-orders, you may cancel your order before the item is processed for shipping or made available for download. Please see the Pre-order section below for more information.
For downloadable items, physical/non-downloadable items that have already shipped or pre-ordered items that have already been made available for download or processed for shipping, you must follow our normal return process. For information about how to return an item and to determine which items are eligible for return, see our Return Policy.
You can pre-order some items that are not yet available for immediate delivery. Pre-Orders can be reviewed, updated, or cancelled at any time before pre-order items are made available for download or processed for shipping. Please contact Sales and Support to review or cancel a pre-order, or to update the following:
- The credit card associated with the pre-order (including changes to the credit card type, credit card number, billing address, and expiration date)
- The item quantities
- The shipping method for physical/non-downloadable products
A credit card is required for pre-order, but your card will not be charged until your order is shipped or the product is made available for download. However, an authorization hold or small temporary charge may be placed on your credit or debit card as a result of your pre-order. Note that we can't charge your card and complete your order if your card expires between the date you pre-ordered the item and the date the item becomes available. Please ensure that your billing and contact information is current at all times. If the advertised price of the product decreases between the date you pre-ordered and the date the product is available for download or shipping, we will honor the lower price. If you notice that we have lowered a price on an item you recently pre-order, just contact Sales and Support and we’ll gladly issue a refund or credit for the difference, as applicable.
We will indicate on the website if different pre-order terms apply to a specific product. Once your pre-order is shipped or made available for download, our normal return process applies. If you wish to return an item that was pre-ordered, the return period begins:
- When downloadable products are delivered electronically to your account.
- When physical/non-downloadable products are delivered.
- In case of products ordered in one order and delivered separately, when the last product is delivered.
- In case of a product consisting of multiple lots or pieces, when the last lot or piece is delivered.
- In case of regular delivery of products during defined period of time, when the first product is delivered.
Once you’ve selected checkout in cart, you have the option to checkout as a guest or with a Microsoft account.
Guest order and returns
There are two ways to look up guest orders:
1. Open your order confirmation email and click the link within
2. Or, go directly to My orders
3. Enter your order number and email used to make guest purchase
There's two ways to download software:
1. Open order confirmation email and hit Download now
2. Follow prompts
1. Enter order number and email used to make guest purchase
2. Under Order history, select Download under your purchased software
3. Follow prompts
Guest purchase FAQs
Visit Microsoft Store FAQs for more information about guest chekcout.
Still need help?
Contact us if you need assistance with:
- Canceling your guest order
- Tracking down your guest order number
- Downloading software purchased as a guest
Software upgrade option for eligible products
Some products qualify for a free upgrade to a future version once it becomes available. This allows you to purchase the current product today, and upgrade to the future version at no additional cost.
Microsoft Store will identify products that qualify for the Upgrade Option with a note that describes the version you will be entitled to upgrade to and other important details about the offer. Please check your Purchase Confirmation e-mail for instructions on how to obtain the new version of your product.
Please see the Upgrade Option and Returns section for important restrictions about returns and Upgrade Options.
How to track your order
When you place an order, you will receive the following e-mails:
- A purchase-confirmation email.
- If you order a physical/non-downloadable item, you will receive a shipment notification email when the item ships.
- If an item is delayed or backordered, you will receive a delay notification email.
- If you submit electronically the model withdrawal form, you will receive a receipt notification email.
- If you return an item, you will receive a refund notification email.
To track your order, contact Sales and Support or follow these online steps:
1. Go to the Account page and sign in.
2. Locate your order in the list of orders.
3. You can click View Original Receipt to review or print your order confirmation.
4. You can click Track Package to view the delivery service's tracking page with your tracking number entered for you.
Shipping options, costs, and delivery times
All online orders placed at Microsoft Store ship via the Microsoft preferred carrier. All shipments are subject to their terms and conditions.
Where we ship:
- Microsoft Store can only ship to selected European locations at this time. For sales in other countries/regions, please visit one of the international Microsoft Stores.
- We do not ship to P.O. Boxes or to European Territories.
- Shipping carriers require a full street address for delivery purposes.
- Microsoft Store does not permit a carrier to redirect a package to a new address after it has been shipped. This helps fight online fraud.
How to calculate delivery time based upon the shipping method:
- Delivery time is based upon business days, which we consider to be Monday through Friday, excluding holidays.
- The Microsoft preferred carrier does not deliver on the weekend or holidays.
- Orders placed on the weekend, on a holiday, or after 11:00 AM local time, will be processed on the next business day.
|SHIPPING METHOD||COST||DELIVERY TIME|
|Standard||FREE||Within 3-5 business days|
Free shipping offers
When we offer free shipping, we'll automatically apply it when you check out, and that will be reflected in your shopping cart. Unless otherwise indicated in the offer, free shipping applies only to standard shipping-you'll still have to pay if you choose to ship Express or Priority, if available in your location.