Science fiction to science fact
Microsoft HoloLens is made of specialised components that together enable holographic computing. The optical system works in lock-step with advanced sensors. The HPU makes light work of processing a large amount of data per second. All those components and more enable you to move freely and interact with holograms.
Get a head start
Visit the Windows Dev Centre to download documentation, join forums, review specs, and start developing for Microsoft HoloLens today.
In the box
- Microsoft HoloLens Development Edition
- Carrying case
- Charger and cable
- Microfiber cloth
- Nose pads
- Overhead strap
• With HoloLens kiosk mode, you can limit which apps to run to enable demo or showcase experiences.
Mobile Device Management (MDM) for HoloLens
• You will be able to manage settings, select apps to install and set security configurations tailored to your organisation's need.
• Azure Active Directory integration and next generation credentials with PIN unlock.
Windows Update for Business
• Controlled operating system updates to devices and support for long term servicing branch.
• BitLocker data encryption and secure boot is enabled on HoloLens to provide the same level of security protection as any other Windows device.
• Anyone in your organisation can remotely connect to the corporate network through a virtual private network on a HoloLens. HoloLens can also access Wi-Fi networks that require credentials.
Windows Store For Business
• Securely distribute your enterprise software to selected group of enterprise users.
See-through holographic lenses (waveguides)
2 HD 16:9 light engines
Automatic pupillary distance calibration
Holographic Resolution: 2.3M total light points
Holographic Density: >2.5k radiants (light points per radian)
• 2-3 hours of active use
• Up to 2 weeks of standby time
• Fully functional when charging
Passively cooled (no fans)
1 Inertial Measurement Unit (IMU)
4 environment understanding cameras
1 depth camera
1 2MP photo / HD video camera
Mixed reality capture
1 ambient light sensor
Input / Output / Connectivity
Audio 3.5mm jack
Battery status LEDs
Micro USB 2.0
Bluetooth 4.1 LE
OS and apps
What you need to develop
Windows 10 PC able to run Visual Studio 2015 and Unity 5.4