Orders + Shipping
Orders are processed after you click the Complete Purchase during the checkout process. Once your order is processed:
- Downloadable software will be made available immediately after purchase.
- Physical/non-downloadable items will be shipped Monday through Friday during business hours.
- Pre-orders will be shipped following release.
Some items may be made available for pre-order before their official release date. Pre-orders of non-custom products can be reviewed, updated, or canceled at any time before they are released. Orders of custom products cannot be updated or canceled once you have placed your order.
A credit card is required for pre-order, but other than for order of custom products, your card will not be charged until your order is shipped or the product is made available for download. Note that we can't charge your card and complete your order if your card expires between the date you pre-ordered the item and the date the item becomes available, so please make sure that your billing and contact information is current at all times. Your payment method will be charged when your order is ready. Because we make custom products to your specifications, your custom products cannot be returned for a refund or credit unless they are defective, have a material or workmanship flaw, or as required under applicable law.
Prices for pre-order of non-custom items are covered by the Pre-order Price Guarantee, which describes what happens if prices change after you purchase a pre-order item.
For pre-order returns (where permitted), the 30-day return period begins when:
- Downloadable products are delivered electronically to your account
- Physical products are shipped
Please Contact Us if you need to:
- Cancel your pre-order (where permitted).
- Update the credit card associated with the pre-order (including changes to the credit card type, credit card number, billing address, and expiration date).
- Update the quantity of items you pre-ordered.
- Update the shipping method for physical products.
Once you’ve selected checkout in cart, you have the option to checkout as a guest or with a Microsoft account.
Guest order and returns
There are two ways to look up guest orders:
- Open your order confirmation email and click the link within
- Or, go directly to My orders
- Enter your order number and email used to make guest purchase.
There’s two ways to download software:Confirmation email
- Open order confirmation email and hit Download now
- Follow prompts
- Enter order number and email used to make guest purchase
- Under Order History, select Download under your purchased software
- Follow prompts
Guest purchase FAQs
Visit Microsoft Store FAQs for more information about guest checkout.
Still need help?
Contact us if you need assistance with:
- Canceling your guest order
- Tracking down your guest order number
- Downloading software purchased as a guest
Software upgrade options for eligible products
Some products qualify for a free upgrade to a future version once it becomes available. Products that include an Upgrade Option will be marked with a note that describes the version you will be entitled to upgrade to and other important details about the offer.
Once you order a product with an Upgrade Option, a Purchase Confirmation e-mail will be sent with instructions on how to obtain the next version of your product when it becomes available.
Shipping options, costs, and delivery times
All online orders placed at the United States Microsoft Store ship via UPS when they become available. All shipments are subject to UPS terms and conditions.
Where we ship:
- The United States Microsoft Store can only ship to U.S. and Puerto Rico locations at this time. For sales in other countries/regions, please visit one of the international Microsoft Stores.
- We do not ship to P.O. Boxes, personal mailboxes, U.S. Territories (except as noted above) or APO addresses.
- UPS requires a full street address for delivery purposes. Rural route numbers are also okay, but may result in a longer delivery time than stated in the chart below.
- Microsoft Store does not permit a carrier to redirect a package to a new address after it has been shipped in order to fight online fraud.
|SHIPPING METHOD||COST||DELIVERY TIME (United States)||DELIVERY TIME (Puerto Rico)|
|Standard||FREE||Arrives in 3-7 business days||5-7 Business Days|
|Expedited||$9.99 US||Arrives in 2-3 business days||End of business on third business day after order day.|
|Express||$16.99 US||Arrives in 1-2 business days||End of business on second business day to most locations.|
When we ship:
- Delivery time is based upon business days, which we consider to be Monday through Friday 8 AM- 5PM, excluding holidays.
- Delivery times may vary for custom products.
- UPS does not deliver on the weekend or holidays.
- Cut-off time: For 2nd Day and Next Day delivery, you must complete your order before 1 PM Eastern Time on a business day for it to ship that same day.
- Orders placed on the weekend, on a holiday, or after 1 PM Eastern Time on Friday, will be processed on the next business day.
Estimated delivery day if ordered by 1 PM Eastern Time. After 1PM ET, please add on business day.
|ORDER BY 1 PM ET||EXPRESS||EXPEDITED|
|ORDER BY 1 PM ET||EXPRESS||EXPEDITED|
How to track your order
When you place an order, you will receive the following e-mails:
- An order confirmation
- If you order a physical/non-downloadable item, you will receive a shipment notification when the item ships
- If an item is delayed or backordered, you will receive a delay notification
- If you return an item, you will receive a return receipt
You can also check on the status of your order online:
- Sign in with your Microsoft account.
- Click Order history on the side menu, then locate your order.
- Click View Original Receipt to review or print your order confirmation.
- Click Track Package to view the delivery service's tracking page with your tracking number entered for you.
To cancel an order
- Physical/non-downloadable items – You may be able to cancel an order before it has shipped. You can call us at 1-877-696-7786 to determine the status of your order.
- Downloadable software or shipped items – Follow our normal return process. Read more about return eligibility and how to return items.
- Pre-orders — You can cancel non Custom orders cannot be modified, cancelled, returned or replaced once your order is placed. -custom orders at any time prior to release. Read more about Pre-orders.
Returns and exchanges
Visit returns and exchanges for more information.