It's been two years since Jackie Estacado, now the Don of the Franchetti crime family, used his supernatural power to kill the men responsible for his girlfriend's murder. He's been unable to shake the memory of Jenny's death since bottling up The Darkness, and now it wants out. A sudden, unprovoked attempt on Jackie's life heralds the start of a full-scale mob war, which has clearly been orchestrated by some outside force. The botched attempt opens the door for The Darkness to reemerge, and sets Jackie on a journey to hell and worse, as he unravels the mystery behind the attack and the motivations of The Darkness itself.
- Slash, grab, and throw objects and enemies with the Demon Arms while simultaneously firing two weapons, adding a new dimension to the FPS category
- Experience a dark, twisted, and gripping story written exclusively for the game by acclaimed comic book author Paul Jenkins whose credits also include the Incredible Hulk, Wolverine, and the original The Darkness game
- Inspired by the popular comic book series created by Top Cow
- The vicious powers of The Darkness manifest only in the shadows, so use the environment to your advantage and watch out for enemies who will use light as a weapon
- Graphic novel shading and color combined with the dramatic lighting of film noir pays tribute to the source material and brings the pages of the comic series to life