Windows Server powers many of the world's largest datacenters, helps small businesses around the world, and delivers value to organizations of all sizes in between. Windows Server 2012 redefines the server category, delivering hundreds of new features and enhancements spanning virtualization, networking, storage, user experience, cloud computing, automation, and more. Simply put, Windows Server 2012 helps you transform your IT operations to reduce costs and deliver a new level of business value.
This product includes full Windows Server functionality with 10 Client Access Licenses and two virtual instances. Learn more about licensing.
- Complete Virtualization Platform: A fully-isolated, multitenant environment with tools that can help guarantee service level agreements, enable usage-based chargeback, and support self-service delivery.
- Connecting to Cloud Services: A common identity and management framework to enable highly secure and reliable cross-premises connectivity.
- Access to Applications and Data from Virtually Anywhere, Any Device: Seamless, on-demand access to virtualized work environments from virtually anywhere.
- Improved Scalability and Performance: A high-density, scalable environment that you can modify to perform at an optimum level based on your needs.
- Flexible Storage: Diverse storage choices that can help you achieve high performance, availability, and storage resource efficiency through virtualization and storage conservation.
- Enhanced Data Security and Compliance: Granular access to data and corporate resources based on strong identity, data classification, and centralized policy administration and auditing.
1.4 GHz 64-bit processor
Required Hard Disk Space
Super VGA (800 x 600) or higher-resolution monitor
Required Media Drive
Internet access (fees may apply)
Required Input Device
Keyboard and Microsoft mouse (or other compatible pointing device)
Learn more about preparing for installation